Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Why and how I got into teas

Teas are relatively new for me. Up until 2013 I was a heavy coffee drinker! Until I realized how damaged and damaging it was for my stomach. I had constant heartburns and this strange “golf ball” feeling to my upper stomach which I later found out with ultrasounds were ulcers.  Needless to say, coffee contain caffeine, adding that to stress and anxiety was just the last drop, it surely did not help my insomnia!

                 From Pinterest
I was actually introduced to tea in a very basic way,  searching for a natural remedy to relieve stomach aches. With my IBS, I suffered from a lot of abdominal pain and nausea so I had a mission to find teas that would help me counter those digestive problems. 

My first tea stop: Peppermint teas. Not only does it help against heartburn; it has no caffeine so it’s a relaxing tea, it relieves stress and it’s excellent to boost the immune system. It's also refreshing and can be mixed to other teas to enhance their taste.

My favorite peppermint tea: David's Tea Organic Peppermint Amour.


My second tea stop: Ginger teas.  Ginger teas are filled with Vitamin C, magnesium and other minerals. It’s a miracle root! Add peppermint tea, some honey and lemon and you’ve got yourself a magical potion against the common cold but there is so much more to it.  It relieves nausea and improves your overall stomach performance. It improves blood circulation, relieves stress and tension and most of all it strengthen your immune system.  It’s also packed with antioxidants.  My naturopath also recommended to drink it to detoxify my liver.  

My favorite ginger tea: David's Tea Super Ginger (Organic)
I'll naturally review those teas for you.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Magali

No comments:

Post a Comment